Gardening Jobs of the Month – April
General Gardening Tasks
- Spring clean borders, keep on top of weeding and hoeing
- Feed roses, borders, hedges, trees, shrubs & spring bulbs with general purpose fertiliser e.g Growmore
- Finish soil preparation
- Continue Planting!
- Mulch beds with Bark Mulch to help suppress weeds and help retain moisture.
- Spray roses against black spot.
- Protect young growth from slugs and snails
- Buy a water butt to conserve water.
- SPRING IS HERE!!!
- Buy and pot up starter plants.
- Plant up summer hanging baskets.
- Begin to harden off plants.
- Ventilate on sunny days, but shut down mid afternoon to retain heat at night.
- Treat moss and weeds
- Feed established lawns
- Reeseed bare patches, Lay turf.
- Mow regularly
Patios & Containers
- Plant Spring bedding and Summer bulbs in pots.
- Mix water retaining gel with compost to help retain moisture.
- Add slow release fertiliser
- Plant alpinr troughs.
- Bring in your hanging baskets for us to make up for you.
- Re-pot house plants if necessary.
- Water regularly.
- Watch pests and diseases.