Gardening Jobs of the Month – May
- Continue to protect from frost.
- Water plants regularly.
- Keep on top of weeding and hoeing.
- Prune spring-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering.
- Provide support for tall herbaceous plants.
- Mulch your soil to help conserve moisture ORNAMENTAL BARK is ideal.(NB your soil must be moist before applying mulch)
- Watch out for pests and diseases and treat as necessary.
- Ventilate the greenhouse well by
day and water plants more frequently.
- Apply shading paint to the greenhouse.
- Damp down regularly.
- Continue to prick out and pot on seedlings
- Continue hardening off bedding plants.
- - Feed established lawns if not done in April.LAWN BUILDER is excellent and
does not require watering in after application, unless the weather is dry and
the lawn is under stress.
- Remove Weeds.
- Mow lawns weekly.
Patios and Containers
- Plant up tubs , hanging baskets etc once
the risk of frost has passed – in the
middle of the month at the earliest.
- Check plants regularly to see if
watering is necessary.
- Get the BBQ ready!
- Continue to re-pot house plants if necessary.
- Water regularly.
- Begin feeding regularly.
- Watch for pests and diseases.